Am I ever satisfied?
We live in a culture where it’s very difficult to be satisfied because there is always bigger and better. There is always more.
How do I find satisfaction when I am surrounded by all of this?
God tells me through King Solomon in Proverbs 3 how find contentment in my life.
- Never forget what God has taught me.
- Be loyal and kind.
- Trust in God – be dependent on his understanding, not mine.
- Make fulfilling God’s will for my life my goal.
- Keep on the path God directs me to take.
- Turn away from evil. Respect and honor God and never get too impressed with myself.
- Honor God with my time and treasures.
- Accept my Father’s discipline. He loves me and wants the best for me.
- Ask God for wisdom – it is precious and nothing else will bring me satisfaction.
- Hang on to my common sense and discernment – they will help make me safe and secure.
- Encourage others.
- Don’t make a big deal out of small things.
- Don’t envy violent or wicked people. At first, I would say that I would never envy violent or wicked people. But then, I think about some people I know who have ‘gotten away’ with things that were not right but it brought them pleasure or financial gain. Did I ever wish that was me?
That’s a great list! It’s interesting to me that things like ‘get an education so you can get a good job and make a lot of money’ aren’t on here.
There’s nothing on this list that tells me that buying stuff and owning things are going to bring me satisfaction.
This list is all about me and God working together to grow my faith, grow my character and grow my wisdom.
Amen. Let it be so, Abba Father.