Give it careful thought.
The temple continued to lay in ruins while the Israelites went about their normal lives.
They were planting a lot but only harvesting a little.
They were eating, but they were never full.
They drank, but it was never enough.
They put on clothes, but they were never warm.
They were earning money, but it immediately disappeared into a purse full of holes.
God was telling them that he was withholding his blessings from them because their priorities weren’t right.
What about us?
Is it time to re-evaluate our priorities to make sure they are matching up to God’s?
Are we experiencing all of the blessings God has for us?
* Contentment because what God has already given us is enough?
* Fulfillment because we know we are busy completing God’s purpose for our lives?
* Peace because we have given God control over our lives and we’re trusting him?
* Joy because we are experiencing the love God has for us every day?
* Strength for each day and every situation because our lives are built on our Solid Rock?
God has these blessings along with a storehouse more, just waiting for us.
We thank you for your abundant blessings, dear Father!