Reading. Studying. Listening. Memorizing.
God has been seriously re-shaping my heart since I became a committed believer about 30 years ago. When I was young, I had a close relationship with Jesus but it got lost in a season of rebellion and confusion about the truth in my young adulthood. Six years of wandering and trying out all the things the world offers taught me how empty my life was without God. I discovered that all the ‘fun’ and partying and working extra hard for ‘stuff’ was meaningless and a dead end.
So I re-committed my whole heart to God over 30 years ago and I’ve been on this Journey Towards the Truth ever since.
God tells us in Deuteronomy 10:16, “Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer.” Looking back, I see all kinds of evidence that God has been working on my heart, circumcising the parts that needed to change –
- He cut out the rebellious part of my heart. This is amazing to me because I’ve always had a strong rebellious part to my personality. Now, no matter what happens, my heart submits to God’s will. He knows best.
- God cut out the stubborn part of my heart. I translate “stiff-necked” as being stubborn and God has softened my heart towards everything that is about him and comes from him.
- God cut out any parts of my heart that were unbelieving. I don’t have to understand it all to believe. If God says it, it’s true. God has taught my eyes to look beyond what is in front of me.
- God has changed the part of my heart that wants to control things around me. I know who is in total control and it’s not me. I have learned to trust God with everything and I’m 100% confident that he is working all things out for my good.
- My heart was shattered into a million broken, mangled pieces when my son, David Glasser, who was a Phoenix Police Officer was killed in the line of duty. I can feel God molding a new heart inside of me out of the debris. This heart is centered on God and has a strong focus on my forever home.
Circumcising my heart sounds painful but it has actually set me free from the lies and worries that the world around us tries to impose on us.
And the transformation continues…..
Thank you, Abba Father.